Cape Cod Adirondack chair plans
The plans and step-by-step instructions for this product can be downloaded after payment.
Purchasing information and product description are given below.
Build a Cape Cod Adirondack Chair easily with these plans.
Yet another version of this ever popular and comfortable outdoor chair.
● Easy to build ● Heaps of explanatory photos ● Inexpensive to make ● Very comfortable ● Looks great!
The purchase is for a downloadable file with 21 pages of plan drawings, step-by step instructions and plenty of pictures. The measurements are in both standard and metric.
The table of contents that are in the downloadable file and listed below explains what is in the 21 pages:
Table Of Contents
Part identification. Page 04
About the wood sizes and measurements given in this project. Page 05
Required materials. Page 06
PLANS. Page 07
Cutting list. Page 08
Step 1. Cut the pieces to length. Page 09
Step 2. Shape and mark the side pieces. Page 09
Step 3. Make the base. Page 11
Step 4. Fix the seat slats. Page 12
Step 5. Shape, then fix the arm-brace to the leg. Page 13
Step 6. Attach the legs. Page 14
Step 7. Attach the middle rail. Page 15
Step 8. Make the back section. Page 16
Step 9. Put the back section in place. Page 18
Step 10. Shape the arms. Page 19
Step 11. Fix the arms. Page 20
Wood you will need
● 1×2 (50 x 25mm): 28ft (8.5 meters) in total
● 1×3 (75 x 25mm): 29ft (9 meters) in total
● 1×6 (150 x 25mm): 12ft (3600mm) in total
● 2×4 (100 x 50mm): 4ft (1200mm) in total
You will also need
I used a nail gun and thin finishing nails 1-3/4″ (44mm). I relied heavily on glue.
I did use 3/8″ (10mm) carriage bolts to hold the legs to the sides. 1 at each meeting.
If you want to use glue and screws, you will need the following:
● 50 of 1-3/4″ (45mm) exterior wood screws.
● 12 of 1-1/4″ (33mm) exterior wood screws.
● 4 of 4″ (100mm) bugle head or construction screws.
● 4 of 3/8″ (10mm) x 2″ 50mm long galvanized carriage (coach) bolts.
● 4 of 2-1/2″ (60mm) galvanized nails.
● Exterior type wood glue
To purchase, click on a ‘Buy Now‘ button or a ‘Proceed to Checkout‘ button, to be taken to the Checkout page.
At the Checkout Page…
- Enter your first name and email address in the Shipping Details form.
The email address is where you will be sent your purchase receipt and a download link.
- You will also see details of your order.
- Choose weather to pay via PayPal, or by Credit/Debit card by selecting the respective round radio button.
Once payment is made you will be redirected to a page with receipt of your purchase and a download link from where you can download your plans.
You will also be sent an email receipt of your purchase and a download link from where you can download your plans.
No email? Please check your spam folder.