Hanging Birdhouse Plans
Prices are in USD.
The plans can be downloaded after payment.
Description and purchasing information are given below.
Downloadable plans with step-by step instructions and pictures.
This is an hexagonal shaped hanging birdhouse with a pyramid style roof.
The plan instructions will take you through the complete process of making this birdhouse, step-by-step. The job basically involves cutting all the pieces and gluing them together.
Some tricky compound angles are required. You will see how to cut them to make a perfect fit.
Materials you will need
● 1800mm (6ft) length of 140×19 (3/4″ x 5-1/2″) wood.
● 19mm (3/4″) dowel (round wood) about 100mm (4″) long.
● Piece of 9mm (3/8″) thick plywood, 250mm (10″) square.
● 12 blocks of wood for holding the pieces together while the glue sets.
● 3m (10ft) long of 6mm (1/4″) macrame type exterior rope.
● 6 screws for the base, 12 nails to hold the blocks in place while the glue dries.
● A good exterior glue.
Tools you will need:
A compound miter saw, measuring tape, pencil, hammer, sandpaper, drill and bits.
This birdhouse is approximately 225mm (9″) high, and 265mm (10-1/2″) wide at its widest point.
It has a hexagonal shape with a hexagonal pyramid roof.
The build basically entails simply cutting all the pieces (roof and wall pieces) according to the instructions.
Then gluing the sides of all the pieces and holding them in place with holding blocks until the glue dries.
Then gluing the roof to the wall, and when that has set – drilling the rope holes and threading the rope.
And finally, screwing the base (floor) to the walls.
And then hang it up
To purchase, click on either the ‘Add to Cart‘ button or the ‘Buy Now‘ button above.
From both options you will be able to view your cart and/or proceed to checkout
At the Checkout Page…
- Enter your first name and email address in the Shipping Details form.
The email address is where you will be sent your purchase receipt and a download link.
- You will also see details of your order.
- Choose to pay via PayPal, or Credit/Debit card by selecting the radio button preceding your choice.
Once payment is made you will be redirected to a page with receipt of your purchase and a download link from where you can download your plans.
You will also be sent an email receipt of your purchase and a download link from where you can download your plans.
No email? Please check your spam folder.